Patreon is a platform. We are not responsible for the quality, timing or legality of content or rewards.
You are responsible for all the activity on your account. If you do bad things we may terminate your account. For starters:
- Illegal Activities – Don’t break the law or encourage others to break the law.
- Abuse – Don’t harass or bully others, or promote violence or hatred towards others.
- Personal Information – Don’t distribute others’ personal information or otherwise abuse it. Creators with access to their patrons’ personal information should not use it for anything unrelated to Patreon.
- Fraud – Don’t post information that is false or otherwise misleading.
- Impersonation – Don’t impersonate anyone. Don’t use another’s account, or allow others to use your account.
- Username Squatting – Don’t create an account to prevent others from using the name or to sell the name.
- Intellectual Property – Don’t infringe on others’ intellectual property rights.
- Spam – Don’t spam others or distribute unsolicited advertising material.
- Malware – Don’t use Patreon to host or distribute, malicious or destructive software
- Endorsement – Don’t claim endorsement by Patreon without our prior written approval.
- Service Degradation – Don’t degrade others’ use of Patreon.
- Data Mining – Don’t crawl, scrape or otherwise index information on Patreon. If you are doing this to create a useful feature then we may allow it, but you must check with us first.
- Reward Sharing – Don’t support a creator and then share their patron-only content without permission from the creator.
- Reverse Engineering – Don’t take apart Patreon to figure out our secret sauce. If you want to do this as part of our bug bounty program, then please ask to be invited throughHackerOne first.